Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Much needed rain is falling across the state.  I look out the office window and observe an extremely quiet North Atlantic sea.  The waves aren't high enough to interest any of the surf-riders, but the magnificence of its expanse and potential power remains awe-inspiring.

Having attended church, this morning, where my pitiful addition to the choir hopefully went unnoticed, I've spent the rest of the day at the Cutty Sark where I watch the phone and capture any reservations that I can, greet incoming guests, and look for ways to generally screw up the operation while becoming reoriented to the position following a four-plus month seasonal haitus.  It also gives me an opportunity to catch up on my e-mail and check out the news items on Yahoo's front page (the motel's computer guru is of the opinion that Google, along with a desktop and task bar full of icons, fouls the operation of the unit).  I expect that the excessive website surfing of our time-passing research and email checks are also implicating factors. We would probably all be better served to once again begin reading books.  Horrors! The brain stimulation would likely do us all in. 

1 comment: